FIRST STEP

Leave a Comment
          Hey guys! I'm now back with another style post for this blog. As in my previous style post, SILENCE, I featured an outfit with nothing but black, gray, and white pieces. If you haven't seen it, you can check it out here. To make up for last post's lack of color, I decided to use a livelier color combination, pink and white with splashes of green and blue.

          Welcome to that paragraph where we suddenly get deep. Hahaha. As we took photos on the beach for this post, I could not help but notice the footprints that I left along with the footprints of several others. One of my goals in life is to be remembered for something or at least make even the smallest difference in the lives of the people I meet. This is one of the main reasons why I actually decided to start blogging. I want to leave even just a little something to my readers. I know that being able to influence a huge group of people will really take time but I hope that this will be a good start because after all, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you can be someone someday if you just work hard and do whatever you can to become who you want to be. Just don't be afraid to take that first step no matter what discouragements come your way. Lastly, never lose your real self as you journey to becoming who you want to be. Do not try too hard to be like someone else because "if you walk in the footprints of others, you won't make any of your own" so go ahead and mark your own footprints on the sand. Be careful though cause I actually burnt my foot a little when I walked barefoot so I suggest wear your shoes. Hahaha


          Back to the outfit. This outfit gives off some summery vibes because of the colors and the tiny floral prints on the shirt. Mixing colors is not that difficult once you get used to it but sometimes it gets kinda tricky because there are times when you want to achieve that lively look but you don't want it too be too bright that the colors start clashing with each other. Just don't be afraid of trying out something new and playing around with colors (like how I used pink pants for this outfit). You'll never know which ones work out for you and which one don't unless you try. If you're going for that summery look that's casual but you want it more formal than your usual tank tops and shorts, you can go for a shirt with floral micro prints and bright colored pants. Just make sure that the color of your shirt and its prints aren't too loud because they might not do well with the bright pants.

          So for this outfit, I wanted the color that stands out to come from my pants which is why I went with wearing these pink ones. I then wore a white long sleeve shirt which should easily work well with the pink pants as white, when added to any outfit, can help lighten the overall look so that it becomes easier on the eyes. The shirt also had dark green floral micro prints on it to add to the summery and beach look. This is also why I decided to fold up the sleeves just right below the elbows to keep the essence of the long sleeves but short enough to endure the summer heat. I wore dark blue shoes with dark green socks to create contrast with the brightly colored pink pants while still keeping connected with the top. I wore dark shoes and socks so that they don't take off the attention from the pink pants which I wanted to be the main source of color.

Shirt: White Long Sleeve Shirt with Dark Green Floral Micro Prints from MEMO
Pants: Pink Jeans from Zara
Accessories: Ray-Ban Aviator
Shoes: Dark Blue Brogue from Cole Haan
Socks: Plain Dark Green Socks from Uniqlo

          Thank you for reading this style post, and I hope that you liked it and got something from it! If you have any comments or concerns, you can always leave a comment below, use the feedback form, or check the contact page for my email. You can stay updated with my future posts by following me on Twitter and Instagram or by subscribing to this blog through the buttons on the right side of this page. I hope to see you again on my next post! Keep doing what you love!


"My mother always told me that as you go through life, no matter what you do, or how you do it, you leave a little footprint, and that's your legacy."
Jan Brewer



Photographer: 
Angelo Gonzalez
angelo1tgonzalez@gmail.com

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment